Xiaomi Mi4 : The Speed Demon
Xiaomi is widely regarded as the Apple of China. In India, many of us might not know about Xiaomi. To give you a bird’s eye view, its one of China’s biggest electronics companies that sell Smartphones, Apps as well as various consumer electronic goods.
Xiaomi Mi4 was unveiled on 22nd July 2014 by its founder Lei Jun in China. Xiaomi Mi4 claims to be the fastest smartphone in the history of mankind. Powered by a whopping 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor and a 3GB LP-DDR3 RAM, this phone is really a speed demon. Like its predecessor Mi3 it has been well catering to the middle-class segment but with its premium looks visually similar to iPhone 5S, it has won the consumers heart.
Talking about the looks:
Xiaomi Mi4 looks visually enchanting with a 5 inch 1080P fully laminated display (441 PPI pixel density) and is truly a feast for the eyes. It features the OGS (One Glass Solution) touchscreen technology which reduces the thickness of the display. Thus replacing a layer of glass with an insulating material. It has even a 0.3 mm narrow and flat edge. Its body is made with a combination of magnesium alloys and stainless steel gives you a certain pride using it.
As regard with the Camera, Xiaomi has left no stone unturned. Xiaomi Mi4 flatters a 13MP autofocus rear Camera f/1.8 shooter (with a Sony IMX 214 sensor) making it capable to record 4k videos. It has 8MP f/1.8 shooter front camera with 80-degree wide-angle lens (Sony IMX 219). This facilitates to take beautiful selfies on the phone.
Xiaomi Mi4 comes with non-removable Li-ion 3080 mAH battery. The best part about this battery is that you can charge up the battery by up to 60% within one hour.
Xiaomi Mi4 LTE variant will be announced in September. Presently only WCDMA version is available in the China market.
The sad part is that there are only two variants available in regard to the internal memory. One is the 16GB model and the other is the 64GB model. With no expandable storage, it might become a big problem for consumers who prefer heavy storage.
Xiaomi Mi4 MIUI is the cherry on the cake. Pronounced as “ME YOU I” is a stock and aftermarket firmware that removes the Android’s retrospective themes and looks while replacing it with a much attractive appearance. It sometimes looks like the Apple iOS and Samsung’s TouchWiz. This custom ROM has a lot of features that are not found in the Android vanilla user interface. New camera application, new gallery applications and you can set up an alarm that will ring even if the phone is switched off.
All these features come for $459.99 (16 GB) variant according to the Xiaomi’s official website. News has been all around that the phone is expected to launch in India by October 2014. We hope that it should be priced wisely as its predecessor. Though in our opinion it should not be priced above Rs.21,000 at the time of its launch in India (might be in October this year).
With Xiaomi Mi3 first batch been sold out on Flipkart within 39 minutes and second batch sold out in just 5 seconds, after Mi4 launch we can expect the phone to bring out a revolution. Xiaomi has redefined its existence not only in China but now is expanding more towards the global market.
Xiaomi Mi4 Specifications:
- Network : 2G / 3G / 4G (to be announced in September)
- Display : 5 inch IPS LCD with 16M Colors, 441 PPI pixel density and 1080 x 1920 pixel resolution
- Internal Memory : 16GB / 64GB
- Expandable Memory : Not available
- RAM : 3GB LP-DDR3
- Data / Connectivity : GPRS, EDGE, 3G, DC-HSDPA, HSDPA, HSUPA, LTE (to be announced in September), WLAN, Bluetooth, NFC, Infrared, USB with OTG support
- Camera : 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus with a dual-LED flash primary camera and 8MP secondary camera
- Video Recording : 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, HDR (primary camera) and 1080p@30fps (secondary camera)
- OS : Android 4.4.3 (KitKat)
- Chipset : Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
- CPU : Quad-core 2.5GHz Krait 400
- GPU : Adreno 330
- Sensors : Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer
- GPS : with A-GPS support, GLONASS, Beidou
- Colors : Black, White
- TV-out : via MHL A/V link
- Battery : Non-removable Li-ion 3080 mAH
What are your views on Xiaomi Mobiles? Do share with us in the comment section below.